A Blog by the Editor of The Middle East Journal

Putting Middle Eastern Events in Cultural and Historical Context

Friday, November 18, 2011

The 65th Annual MEI Conference

Yesterday's 65th Annual MEI Conference was, I think, a most successful one. Given the events of this astonishing year, I think it did a good job of covering the implications of what more and more of the speakers called the new Arab Awakening, since "Arab Spring" seems a bit anachronistic since it's ongoing and the leaves are falling. Since transcripts, podcasts, and video clips should become available to link to in the coming days, I won't attempt to summarize the many great presentations. And to the several attendees who came up to me and complimented me on the blog, let me reiterate my thanks. And also to express thanks to all of the Institute's, and the Journal's, staff and interns for their hard work on the conference.

I will have some regular posts later today, since the Middle East did not in fact stop while MEI was absorbed in its Annual Conference.

No comments: